Primary Job Function:
Build lifetime quality financial relationships with each member by providing competitive products and excellent service.
• Supervises, coordinates and schedules activities of employees engaged.
• Ensures that work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and systems.
• Responsible for ensuring teller units are prepared to service members prior to branch opening.
• Provides members with information concerning their financial and other transactions at the credit union.
• Under dual control, assist with opening and closing branch daily.
• Proves the branch and reconciles all negotiable daily.
• Sets teller schedules to ensure the teller stations are adequately staffed.
• Monitors cash levels at teller stations, CDMs and ATMs.
• Maintains an adequate level of cash on hand and places cash orders
• Along with the manager, verifies cash orders and keeps the cash level within the prescribed cash limit for the branch.
• Maintains dual control procedures on the vault, CDMs and ATMs.
• Oversees the maintenance of equipment under the realm of his/her responsibility.
• On a daily basis, ensures all teller transactions, ATM and CDM machines are balanced and reconciled.
• Verifies daily bank deposits made to clearing house.
• Conducts regular staff meetings and coaching sessions.
• Ensures that 4789 form is accurately completed.
• Provides overrides and verifies large check deposit and withdrawal items.
• Responsible for training and developing teller staff.
• Develops job enrichment opportunities in order to ensure fully capable staff, i.e.; cross-training within teller operations.
• Implements and supervises cross-selling programs as requested by management.
• Assists management in the recruitment and evaluation process.
• Assists branch management with employee disciplinary processes.
• Prepares daily and monthly reports as needed.
• Performs teller duties when required to ensure efficient service delivery to the membership.
• Displays leadership and good judgment at all times.
• Promotes a team environment.
• Uses problem solving and analytical skills to maintain accuracy and efficiency at all times.
• Assists staff in dealing with complex member problems.
• Comply with BSA and SAR requirements.
• Rotate to other branches as needed.
• Performs other duties as required for the efficient operation of the branch.
• Travel and work at other branch locations as required at ad-hoc’s notice.
• College degree preferred.
• Teller training at an accredited bank training institution.
• Minimum three years teller experience as well as one year Senior Teller experience.
• Extensive knowledge of teller procedures and branch operations.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Leadership and supervisory skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft for Windows Applications.
• Must be able to work under pressure and be available to work flexible hours.
Municipal Credit Union (MCU) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.