Primary Job Function:
Build lifetime quality financial relationships with each member by providing competitive products and excellent service.
• Under adherence with established policies and procedures, provides a variety of service functions involving the receipt and distribution funds.
• Services members in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Responsible for securing all negotiable items including but not limited cash, traveler checks, money orders, checks received, and teller checks.
• Accurately process debit and credit transactions to member accounts and/or general ledgers.
• Accurately calculate and verify all incoming and outgoing cash.
• Verify member’s identity and identification prior to conducting any service on accounts within established guidelines.
• Prepare journal entries as necessary.
• Verify large negotiable items as required.
• Cross-sell MCU's products and services.
• Daily opens, closes, and secures teller terminal and CDM.
• Accurately balances to teller terminal host totals and cash drawer.
• Assists with back up work and distribution of daily work.
• Comply with BSA and SAR requirements.
• Rotate to other branches as needed.
• Performs other related duties as might be assigned from time to time.
• Travel and work at other branch locations as required at ad-hoc’s notice.
• Overtime as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of teller training course at accredited training facility.
• Six months minimum Teller experience preferred.
• Cashier or other high volume public contact experience, desired.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one situation.
• Excellent mathematical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Municipal Credit Union (MCU) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.